Definition of ‘cookies’
Cookies are small text files sent from the Site to the user’s device (usually the browser), where they are stored before being sent back to the Site the next time the same user visits it. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from the user's hard drive, transmit computer viruses, or acquire email addresses. Each cookie is unique to the user's web browser. Some of the functions of cookies can performed by other technologies. The term ‘cookies’ here refers to cookies and all related technologies.
Purpose of data processing and technical session cookies
Pursuant to Article 122 (1) of Legislative Decree no. 196, dated 30 June 2003, as amended by Legislative Decree no. 101, dated 10 August 2018, ‘technical’ cookies may be used even without the user’s consent. Moreover, the same European body that brings together all the Privacy Authorities of the various EU Member States (the so-called Article 29 Working Party) now EDPB clarified in Opinion 4/2012 (WP194) entitled ‘Cookie Consent Exemption’ the types of cookies for which it is not necessary to obtain the user's prior and informed consent:
1) user-input cookies (session-id), lasting one session or persistent cookies limited to a few hours in some cases;
2) authentication cookies, used for the purposes of authenticated services, lasting one session;
3) user-centric security cookies, used to detect authentication abuses, for a limited persistent duration;
4) multimedia content player session cookies, such as flash cookies, lasting one session;
5) load balancing session cookies, lasting one session;
6) user-interface customization cookies, lasting one session (or slightly longer);
7) third-party social plug-in tracking cookies, for members logged into a social network.
ICE Agency therefore informs you, first and foremost, that technical cookies are used on the Site and are necessary for navigating the Site as they allow essential functions such as authentication, validation, management of a browsing session, and fraud prevention.
For maximum transparency, the following is a list of technical cookies:
- cookies implanted in the user's / contractor's device directly (which will not be used for other purposes) such as authentication cookies, cookies for flash-like multimedia content players lasting no longer than the session, etc.;
- cookies used to statistically analyze accesses/visits to the site (so-called analytics cookies) which only exist for statistical purposes (not even profiling or marketing) and collect information in aggregate form without the possibility of identifying the individual user. In these cases, since current legislation requires that the data subject be provided with clear and adequate indication of the straightforward methods to object to (opt-out of) their implantation (including any anonymization mechanisms of the cookies themselves), we specify that it is possible to change cookie settings.
Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
The Data Controller is the ICE Agency for the promotion and internationalization of Italian companies abroad, based at Via Liszt, 21, 00144, Rome, Tel. 06 59921 (now ICE Agency).
The Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the following email address: email@example.com.
Exercising the data subject’s rights
The data subject may at any time exercise his or her rights and, in particular, request access to personal information and ask that it be corrected or limited, updated if incomplete or incorrect, or erased if collected in violation of the law, as well as object to its processing, subject to the existence of legitimate reasons on the part of the Data Controller. The data subject also has the right to portability, i.e., to receive the personal information provided by the data subject in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. It is possible to contact the Data Controller or the Data Protection Officer for this purpose.
Lastly, we inform you of the possibility of lodging a complaint with the Italian Supervisory Authority – Data Protection Authority, Piazza Venezia 11, 00187, Rome. Any further information may be requested at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This privacy notice may be supplemented with further information, including the integration of regulatory changes and/or the provisions of the EU Commission and the Italian Privacy Authority.
For more information on cookies, consult the Italian Data Protection Authority’s website at the following address: https://www.garanteprivacy.it/temi/cookie